It’s mother’s day my loves! This will be the first official one I celebrate as a mom, (my son was alive last year but too much of a baby to really celebrate WITH me). I haven’t done much with my mom in the past few years through sheer business, but this year I thought I’d squeeze in work and some bonding time with my mommy. While sharing a bit of my book blogging world with her.
So I gave her homework, pick 10 of your fave books and tell me why. Then do your hair and makeup so we can take pictures.
What she didn’t know was that the pictures were a bookish mother’s day photoshoot to go with this exact post!
I absolutely guessed at a bunch of these but my momma definitely surprised me with some of those she chose. (Momma Bleu’s got a thing for raunchy reads 🤣😂) Much like me it was hard to narrow down her list and if she could’ve she would’ve put them all on here.
Here are my mom’s top 10 favorite reads.
1. Harry Potter – If you know my mom then you’ve seen how she mangled this series. As her all time favorite read she has read the ink off the pages and read them to the point that they are falling apart. It’s for that reason that I bought myself an entirely separate set and have banned her from touching them. This series as a whole is why we don’t share books. I’m really passionate about that, but she loves them so much. I continue to buy her more harry potter themed items so getting a gift is always easy.
2. Clockwork Prince – This prequel series is another one of my mom’s favorites. Having read the entirety of the Shadowhunters series when the prequel came out she lost her mind. My mom is secretly a fan of Cassandra Clare and a not so secret fan of YA.
3. 50 Shades of Grey – If you haven’t noticed a theme my motheris big on series books. Probably where I get the habit from, so the entire 50 Shades franchise including Grey, are what she is referring to. My mother loved this series because it peeked into the raunchy world of BDSM. Even if it really didn’t. She actually followed the theme down a rabbit hole of new books and found some other reads that appear on the list.
4. A Discovery of Witches – I hadn’t realized my mom finished this series before me and even though she merged this with Shadow Hunters she actually recalled parts from the second book I hadn’t read yet and hates the TV show so I know we’re discussing the same thing. I personally love the TV show but that’s another conversation for another post. Momma Bleu picked this series for the magic of course.
5. The Bane Chronicles – This series may actually rival Harry Potter for my mom’s #1 spot. When this book came out she wouldn’t stop talking about it. That means it a great read. The Bane Chronicles is another perspective of the ShadowHunters world and as you know by now my momma is a Shadow Hunting fiend. I may start buyng her accessories from that series once I run out of Harry Potter stuff.
6. Night World – Not gonna pretend like I know much about this series, my mom absolutely loves it! I believe it’s an anthology, each book has three stories all about this secret world of magical beings called Night World. The series seems to deal a lot with what happens when they fall in love with humans. I may have to sit down and read it some day soon.
7. The Submissive – Momma Bleu found this series fresh off a 50 Shades bender, this raunchy read offers a more realistic look into the world of BDSM or so i’ve heard The story tells of Abby a librarian who soon becomes the submissive to the wealthy Nathaniel West. Tara Sue Mae’s Submissive Trilogy, set the tone for books of its genre and laid the foundation for books like 50 Shades to find their fan base.
8. The Training – The third and final book in the submissive trilogy. My mom reeeeeaaaaally enjoys this series. I’ll try not to give her jugemental side eyes since she’s allowed to read what she likes but. Watching her go into detail in the weird over sharey way mom’s like to do . I’ll pass on reading this one with her .
9. The Book of Life – My mom basically chose thee beginning or ends of series since i wouldn’t let her thrw hem all on there. That’s how we eneded up with the Book of Life I haven’t finished reading the All Souls trilogy just yet. But I plan to finish soon so mommy and me can have ourselves fun book chat
10. City of Lost Souls – This entire list could’ve been filled with Harry Potter and Shadow Hunters but what fun would that be? My mom’s second favorite series of all time, City of Lost Souls just so happened to be the book closest to the top of her bookshelf when I was pulling things from the shelves. Me and my mom have a secret book feud going because she wuldn’t let me read these when hey first came out. Now I don’t ever let her borrow my books, plus she has acid fingertips LOL